Hatha and Vinyasa Krama
Mild, playful, therapeutic
Anybody can enjoy a Hatha or Vinyasa Krama yoga class. This form of yoga is a great way to build body awareness, flexibility, relaxation and confidence. Each class you will be introduced to postures, breath and meditation techniques.
- Builds strength
- Increases flexibility and muscle tone
- Brings focus to the mind
- Encourages physical and mental balance
- Develops proper body alignment
- Reduces stress
- Encourages a sense of calm and peace
- Increases lung capacity for better breathing
Learn to be still and accept life's flow
Yin yoga is a slow-paced style of Yoga with postures that are held for longer periods of time, sometimes 1 minute, sometimes 5 or more minutes. Perfect for all ages, body types, and levels of experience.
Benefits of yin yoga:
- Works on the deep connective tissues in the body.
- Is great for coping with anxiety, stress and trauma.
- Helps you find balance in the body’s masculine and feminine energies.
- Balances your Yang Yoga practice and other forms of exercise.
Humility, humour, compassion, and contentment
Rich’s Vinyasa Flow classes will provide you with variety for the everyday practice, each class varies depending on who’s in front of Rich.
The practice itself will combine a mixture of postures and flows extracted from a diverse range of yoga systems, including: Hatha, Ashtanga Primary and Intermediate Series, arm balances, inversions, and seated postures. Standing and balancing postures, Bikram-inspired postures, Anusara flows.
Also combined in the practice is Dynamic Muscular Stabilisation and Pilates techniques to strengthen and stabilise the core. The class will even have a sprinkling of Indian dance movement, Qi Gong, Tai Chi, and Feldenkrais movements.
Most classes will start or finish with varying pranayama and meditation techniques.
Suitable for mixed levels of experience.