The Spirit of the Matter
The world needs happy and adventurous heroes who can easily hold themselves at the place of clear vision and creative poise, in daily life. This personal expression of ease and positivity is the essence of Indian spirituality. Mysore style yoga is the bullet train to this outcome. It bolsters autonomy, independence and reliance on your whole Self, leading to the joyful creation of heaven on earth, starting with your local environment.
The new book, The Spirit of the Matter, explains Mysore style as the best path for yoga practice in the modern age, one that serves as a launch pad for the blossoming of all the positive and creative elements of our nature.
The book is an adventurous look at the progressive Mysore style class format and the relationship between Western yoga and the Ashtanga Vinyasa method. How to use this system to reach supernatural peaks while living a productive life of bliss and poise. It the book we look at:
- An array of ancient principles presented in a useful and clear manner
- History and guidelines for practicing and teaching Mysore style yoga
- Explanation of progressive approaches to classes and techniques
- Scientific research and case studies supporting the practices
- Meditations which integrate the unconscious mind into waking reality
- A new translation of the ancient Sanskrit text Yoga Taravali, from which the Ashtanga opening chant is derived
The ultimate purpose of the book is to help Mysore style yoga proliferate around the world, stretching beyond previous limits, embracing all ages and levels of ability, growing into to a modern age of inclusiveness.
To order your copy go to the book page on Josh’s website.